Thursday, April 18, 2013

Off on a New Tangent!

Hello, Dear Reader,
Once "Affairs of the Heart" was hung in the gallery, I went to Tanzania. It was part work (I took some design studies to work on) and partly holiday. The holiday part was camping in the Serengeti with my husband. We were lucky enough to be there for the migration, and it was amazing to see.

So I have been doing some painting again. Nothing ready to show you just yet, but I will show you some of the photographs that have inspired me to dust off my brushes!

First of all, how could you not love a lazing lion?

Or how about a buffalo having a mud bath?

Or a shy leopard having his lunch?

Here's something really rare - a chameleon changing colour from green to reddy brown as he crosses the road.

And who can resist baby zebras!


I love my fibre art - the texture and the semi-abstract nature of it. But who could resist getting the paints out with pics like these!

One more photo - from our camp. We really did camp - a mattress on the ground in a tent, with an outdoor latrine. But, we had our own camp manager, our own guide and driver, and our own chef. La-de-dah!
Here I am outside our dining tent - cheers until next time!

Susan








No comments: